Friday, October 26, 2012

MoFo #25: Several layer dip

Quick post today!  The Magician did something he never does last night-- he woke up in the middle of the night and STAYED UP.  All he wanted to do was party from about 3 a.m. until, oh, 5.  Guess who he was partying with?  Yeah.  So I opted out of making dinner tonight and instead let Josh try his hand at a dip, and this is what he made:

Josh's several layer dip

Several layer dip.  Mmmm.  Layers.  There's a layer of refried beans, a layer of guac, and a layer of tomatillo salsa.  And olives on top.  Not just any olives!  Check these bad boys out:

Josh vs plating

They are chipotle stuffed olives.  SERIOUSLY.  I was skeptical that they'd work here, but they're perfect.  (And they look pretty cute in J's plating, which I had no hand in, guys.)  Smoky yummy good.

The whole thing was crazy good.  I'm not just saying that because all I ate the rest of the day was coffee and toast.  (Well, I don't think that's why.)  We had it with breakfast radishes, carrots, cauliflower, and tortilla chips.  Yummm.

The Emperor loved it-- he ate the salsa AND the beans and either didn't notice or didn't care that the olives were pretty spicy.  That's thrilling to me.  Also thrilling:  he was just in a great mood today.  Here he is showing off the two tiny pigtails he had in his hair today (thanks, preschool):

Pigtails

And here's his brother pulling his innocent sleeping baby act... uh huh, you're not fooling anyone guy!

Sleeping squishily

Til tomorrow!

1 comment:

Erin said...

The dip sounds delicious, although I will admit that it looked like the olives were swimming in a mysterious sea of goo until I knew it was salsa!